Becov Nad Teplou is a picturesque historic city between Mariansky Lazne and Karlovy Vary in the magnificently beautiful Czech countryside. We will visit the castle interiors and the priceless shrine of St. Maurus. A priceless solid gold reliquary only of which 3 exist in the whole of Europe. More priceless even than the Czech crown jewels but did not originate in Czechia. It is a must see priceless treasure.
During WWII the priceless Maurus was owned by the Beaufort’s family who were Nazi sympathizers. Before fleeing back to Germany after the war the Maurus disappeared and was assumed hidden somewhere. In 1984 a US citizen started negotiating with the Czech state about return of some possessions in the Czech lands. Czech authorities were suspicious about what the object of possession possibly was. After lengthy investigation criminologist found the Maurus buried in the castle floor. On this tour we will see this incredible priceless artifact now on display in the Becov Castle.
Download our free catalogue here:
PRESTIGE PRAGUE CUSTOM TOUR CATALOGUE
Highlights of the Becov Castle Day Trip:
- Your personal English speaking professional guide
- Luxury car or minivan with professional English speaking driver
- You will tour the medieval city of Becov nad Teplou
- We will stop for lunch at a nice restaurant near the castle
- You will see the priceless reliquary of St. Marus
- Learn the story of the this hidden treasure after WWII
- See the view from the Becov tower of the Czech lands
- Length of the tour is 8 hours (Pick-up 9:00 am – Return to hotel around 5:30 pm)
Write us for price and booking – email@example.com